Course Introduction Video Content
During this course we will learn how you can use V-Ray for SketchUp to produce great photorealistic renders.
Who can learn from this course?
Although the subject materials in this course are interior design and architecture orientated, the skills and processes we learn will be applicable to anyone who wants to produce amazing photorealistic renders using V-Ray for SketchUp.
- The course is broken up into four major sections.
- In Lesson 1 we will learn the basics of the V-Ray interface, we’ll be introduced to some of the render modes, we’ll add basic lighting and materials to a scene and we’ll even learn how to make frames for an animation.
- In Lesson 2 we will focus on an exterior render which will allow us to experiment with daylight and night time natural lighting, we will start using proxies and dynamic fur.
- In Lesson 3 we go back indoors to see how we can control natural lighting entering a space and how that interacts with artificial lighting, objects, and materials.
- In Lesson 4 we get into the nitty gritty of creating complex custom materials, so that you can have ultimate control of how your rendered materials turn out.
Course content and materials
I should note that the original materials from which this course is based on were provided by V-Ray, and you can download those materials yourself from their website for free. That being said, we received feedback that the original materials were riddled with mistakes that make them very difficult, time consuming and frustrating to follow along with, and when we conducted our own review, we found that to be very true. Therefore, we created this course for anyone who wants to save themselves a lot of time and frustration on their path to learning V-Ray for SketchUp.
Trouble accessing the Lessons?
If you’ve purchased the course, but are unable to access the lessons below, please log-out of the SketchUp Australia website, then log back in with the account that was nominated during the course purchase process.
Log-in to SketchUp Australia
If you continue to experience access issues, please let us know via our Technical Support portal so we can help you get up and running as soon as possible.
Submit a Technical Support Request
Completing this course
To complete this course, you’ll need to mark every lesson complete and also complete all the quizzes. Once that’s all done, you’ll be able to access and download your course completion certificate from the top of this page.